Reverie of Aurlia
Hello, and welcome to Aurlia!

This forum has a small yet friendly community which always enjoys new users!
Please consider becoming a member of the forum so that you may have splendiferous time here. ^-^

If you do so happen to join, contact Desmeon if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the site.

Hope to see you around! <3

-Cordially,
The Staff Team

Arrival At The Capital (OPEN) (POST-ORDER ENFORCED)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arrival At The Capital (OPEN) (POST-ORDER ENFORCED)

Post by Zero on Sun May 22, 2016 3:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

This was it.. The Capital of Oranis; Decastrad. What a ride... Max thought, sighing in relief as he climbed the stairs ascending out of the metro stations and out onto the streets. As his mind began to wander, he couldn't help but wonder if he made the right choice leaving his mother like he had.. Right choice? He didn't have a choice. He drew in a sharp breath as he glanced around, taking in the stunning view. Colossal skyscrapers towered overhead, nearly quite literally scraping the sky. A carnival of neon lights illuminated the night sky, drowning out the dim twinkle of the stars. This was nothing like his old home. It was... lively. Only when a stampede of hustling bodies collided with his, was he shaken out of his awestruck haze.

Surprised, Max stumbled forward, pushed on by the ocean of people. When he was finally out of the chaos, he plopped himself down on a bench and tucked his cloak closer toward his body, shielding himself from the chilly night breeze. Now.. He reached into his pouches, sliding out a flyer and unfolding it carefully with his gloved hands, looking over it once more. It was an advertisement for the infamous band of rebels known only as Eviternity. It was a picture of a rebellion soldier pointing it's index finger at the reader with the caption "Eviternity needs YOU to join the Rebellion!".

The same, overused, yet somehow still charming, vintage slogan.. Max nearly chuckled at it's effort. Nearly... He hadn't smiled since that day.. It had been so long.. he had almost forgotten how to be happy entirely... He grit his teeth in frustration and crushed the paper in his palm, throwing it at the nearest trash can. Because he kept reminding himself of why he wasn't happy. It wasn't the world's fault.. it was his. Max stood up, turning and walking into a random direction. What was he doing here again? He stopped to think momentarily. Right. He needed to find a job- something to get him money. Anything would do.. as long as it sufficed.

A certain neon sign managed to catch his eye as he passed by. A bar.. Great. That was exactly what he needed. As if he wasn't distracted enough already. He didn't need alcohol to further cloud his thoughts. But now he was tempted and there was nothing stopping him. Cautiously he stepped through the doors, entering the crowded bar, filled to the brim with gambling alcoholics, prostitutes with the intent to take advantage of the drunken and shady hit-men looking to catch a job.

Max was.. a misfit among the crowd. He stuck out like a sore thumb. At that instant he was grateful he decided to wear the helmet. While making he way toward the front of the bar, his should was gripped by burly man, who reeked of tobacco and whiskey. "Looky at this one here, boys.. I think we've got ourselves a foreigner." The low, husky voice was accompanied by a few chuckles and sinister grins. Max narrowed his eyes, ticked off by these brainless goons that were probably too drunk to stand. Yet they were picking a fight anyway. "Fancy armor.." The man remarked, raising a brow. "Aitrikan military.. So you're a Frosty..." Glances they made Max squirm nervously in his skin were exchanged behind the man's back. Something was going down.. He could feel it in his gut.

"And you all know what we do to Frosties, don't you boys?" The man looked over his shoulder at his 'boys', a snake grin plastered onto his face. They all nodded collectively. There were at least five of them, maybe more. A full out bar brawl wasn't exactly on his 'agenda' and they looked serious. "If you're looking for a fight, you're picking on wrong-" The man thrust himself forward, into Max's face forcefully, clearly pissed. "I don't know who you think you are behind that helmet, Frosty, but you're facing the big boys now. Ain't no small time thugs in this joint."

"'Big Boys'? Were all the good gang names taken?"

"That's it! Cream this bastard!"

Two of his goons lunged forward, meaty arms outstretched, ready to tackle him to the ground. Thinking fast, Max charged at them, sliding under them at the last moment, causing them to collide with each other at full speed, crashing into a table and forcing bystanders to flee. The bigger they are.. the harder they fall. Another goon had left the group and was now preparing a punch. When he swung his fist, Max ducked, countering the attack with a swift kick to the stomach. The goon was sent stumbling backwards, knocking over two of his own team like a bowling ball to it's pins. He would he down for a while..

One of the other two that had originally attacked had recovered and now lashed out a Max. Max, in response, spun around, blocking his arm from coming down on him. For a brief few moments they were locked in a staring contest, waiting for the other to give out, however, it was abruptly interrupted when another goon attempted to tackle his side, however, tumbled  onto the floor when Max bent his front half forward, evading his grip. With that, Max thrust his knee upwards, slamming it into the goon's crotch, causing them to loose their grip. He then, having caught the goon off guard, upper-cutted him square in the jaw. The goon fell backwards, squirming in pain.

"Don't move! Or I'll shoot!"

The voice of the gang leader yelled out from behind him. Great.. He had a gun. Glancing over his shoulder, his eyes met the front of a pistol, aimed directly at his head. If the man shot, he wouldn't miss. Dammit. "Haven't you ever heard not to bring a gun to a bar fight?"

(Because the last one was a complete failure do to me not being able to respond, I have created a new one in hopes it will be more successful. This one is post-order enforced. Meaning everyone posts in order. Remember to give enough content for others to go off of. Bland, boring, 4 sentence posts are not permitted.

Post order:

1. Zero
2. Starfire
3. Desmeon
Zero

Role : Assassin
Auli ( ₳ ) : 821

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Arrival At The Capital (OPEN) (POST-ORDER ENFORCED)

Post by Zero on Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:17 pm

Max glanced upward, gazing out into the streets ahead. Not far marched a troop of soldiers, outlined dimly by the lights illuminating the city. Pedestrians were halted and pushed out of the way by riot police as UNA soldiers passed. Within them rolled a tank, spitting out fumes as it lumbered along, it's large array of ballistics directed forward towards anything unfortunate enough to be in it's path; a intimidating sight indeed. It was overkill, that was no question. But it was likely they had no idea how many rebels had taken down the soldiers ordered to assault the Eviternity base. For all they new, a whole battalion was waiting to greet them around the block. Max spat curses under his breath. "Son of a bitch..." He huffed, looking down at Desmeon who had fled to lower ground. Well.. At least he didn't object. "They've got a tank!" He yelled down at the Eviternity leader, frustration edging his voice.

Max had a sort of gift when it came to technology. More specifically; Military technology. After all, he had spent most of his life around it thanks to the Aitrikan military base near his homestead. The days he spent around the soldiers, he learned how everything worked; how each and every thing ticked. This included tanks. Although he had not seen this specific tank before, he was confident it had the same mechanics. If the soldiers were distracted, he could sneak up on the tank, tear into it's side-panel and sabotage it. However, it was risky. If he did anything wrong, it could cause something to explode.

Thankfully, it wasn't really up for debate. It was either take down the tank, or get blown to smithereens. His decision was blatantly obvious. Max called out to Desmeon once more. "I'm gonna need you to distract them while I sabotage the tank! Think you can do that for me?" Just then, the UNA troop appeared around the corner, nearing the former base. Without waiting for an answer, Max darted onto the next building, throwing himself behind a metal vent atop the roof, slamming his back against it. He'd need to stay hidden and wait for the right moment to jump down. That was.. if Desmeon could follow orders as well as he could make them.

The troop stopped in front of the now crippled Eviternity based, somewhat surprised to see nothing but two oversized birds, a little girl and the Eviternity leader waiting for them. However, their stunned hesitation was only brief. "Open fire!"

Zero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfire on Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:20 am

Sakari jumped down, landing on Keiti's back. The troop was nearing, and Sakari wasn't about to let the stupid UNA win any more than they had.
  Sakari shivered from Keiti's cold touch. Brushing it off, she grinned. "Let's go, Keiti!"
   Keiti lifted off the ground right before the troop opened fire. Sakari laughed. "Ice 'em!"
   The cat-like and oversized bird drew in a deep breath and blasted a few soldiers with ice. In a few seconds, they were dead, the ice taking over their body.
    It was then that some of the soldiers began to aim for Sakari and Keiti. "That might not've been the best idea..." Sakari muttered.
   Then she grinned. "But I'm still not finished!"

The troop opened fire. Ashi saw Sakari and Keiti take off in time. She knew it was most likely a good idea. But she stayed. Must protect Starfire's leader, was the only thought that crossed her mind at that moment.
   She jumped in front of her owner's leader and blasted a stream of fire at the troop. Her wings raised slightly and her black eyes narrowed, it was clear that she was in a protective state. Ashi used her tail to knock the bullets off course.
    All of a sudden, lots of soldiers turned their aim to the sky. To Keiti and Sakari.
   Keiti must've blasted them, Ashi thought. Not that good of an idea.

Starfire watched as Keiti and Sakari took to the sky and Ashi stood to protect her leader. "I can't miss out on the fun, now, can I?" she pulled out her crossbow and grinned.
   She loaded her weapon and took aim at the soldiers closest to the tank. She send the hot arrows through their hearts, one by one. Hidden by a vent and still quiet close to the action, this was the perfect place to snipe.
   "Itai, doesn't it?" Starfire chuckled as she shot down one more soldier. She had taken down about five soldiers.
   She saw Sakari and Keiti had taken down two or three, while Ashi had burned...five maybe six.
   But there was still a lot of soldiers left to punish. Overkill indeed.
  Starfire took a moment to think. The tank was the biggest problem. She sure hoped someone down there was taking care of it.
   Safety... Starfire's eyes widened. Sakari! What if she gets hurt?
   Starfire looked over at Keiti and Sakari, who were dodging the bullets pretty well. And by dodging, I mean Keiti was freezing them all.
   Too much and she might collapse. Sakari must be scared. Starfire thought.
   But as she saw the expression on her sister's face, she realized just how wrong she was. Sakari was grinning!
   Grinning? Why the hell is she grinning?!
  "Come to think of it..." Starfire muttered. "She has been kind of out of it lately..."
   Starfire looked back at her sister. "I need to talk to her...when this is over."

Starfire
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

View user profile https://www.quotev.com/29579999

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmeon on Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:22 pm

Desmeon acknowledged the tank and what the guy's plan was. She was going to cause a distraction, but with whatever Sakari was doing on that flying beast-like bird was more than enough. So she took the time to shoot down unsuspecting soldiers, firing her pistols until they lied dead. Soon enough, some noticed her position behind the building wall, and threw grenades her way, sending over bullet's as well. Almost immediately, Des scurried away from the spot, heading out of the building. She looked back just in time to see the small explosion, making the bottom side of the charred building wall collapse in on itself. It was only a matter of seconds before the rest of it fell.
Desmeon dodged incoming bullets, only a couple scraping her coat. She winced slightly, but continued to fire her guns as she dashed behind cover. It was now only a tree trunk that shielded her from the soldiers that mindlessly shot at her, advancing in her direction. She crouched down low, reloading her pistols with the ammo from her belt.
As she finished reloading, a thought popped into her head. She did have a smoke bomb on her person that  she could use. Multiple in fact. It may become an inconvenience for the others, but if she didnt do something quick, she may get gunned down. Without any more hesitation, Desmeon, holstered one of her pistols, used her free hand to snatch the smoke bomb, pulled the pin, then threw it at her attackers. They shot at it instinctively, making it set of smoke instantly. She did the exact same thing with the other smoke bomb, but after this one, she took off running into a nearby alley.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Des
Desmeon
Founder

Leader
FounderLeader

Role : Rebellion Leader
Auli ( ₳ ) : 1479

View user profile http://warriorcatcreater.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero on Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:37 am

(Not going to put much effort into this one. I'm lazy like that.)

Max could only pray that the two had survived the hail of bullets. For if they died, his chances were also quite slim. Death didn't scare Max. Death simply wasn't something he feared. It was fact. It was inevitable. Death was inescapable. Over time he had just come to accept it that way. No longer would he spend nights fretting when his day would come.

The sound of flapping winds, confused shouts, a few explosions and the sudden smokey clouds confirmed that his temporary allies had managed to hold their own. Using the smoke as cover, he leaped down onto the ground besides the tank and climbed up onto it's side. With that, Max opened a hatch hidden within the metal panels. Inside was a mess of wires, snared and entangled in a nest of red and blue. He grimaced. These were nothing like the Aitrikan tanks. They were much simpler. However, he expected as much from such an advanced military.

"Damn.." He hissed between his teeth. This wouldn't be as simple as he had first thought. A sudden, searing pain exploded across his lower half as a bullet pierced his leg, cutting through flesh like a knife to butter. He yelled, slipping partially from the side of the tank, his feet struggling to find a foothold. He clutched the wound tightly, blood seeping from between his fingers. Agony pulsed through his veins, his heart nearly pounding out his chest. Max needed to get away. Somewhere where he could stop the bleeding. But first he needed to shut down this goddamn tank.

Frantic and now panicked, he hurried to rip apart the wires using his knife, cutting away at them and they sparked angrily and spat at him. When he felt he had done enough, he began to climb down. Thank god. It hadn't exploded and blown him into a thousand fleshy bits. After all, something was bound to go his way eventually. Unfortunately, his assessment was foolishly hasty as he was blown backwards with incredible force onto the street. Shrapnel flew in every direction, slicing through his already worn armor and piercing him severely in several areas. The former tank was now no more than a fiery metal skeleton.

Stunned and barely conscious, Max attempted to lift himself from the ground, however, his multiple wounds held him down. Thus, he was left to drag himself into an alleyway and slump down against the wall. His body felt like he had been hit by a train at full speed. There he was left, slowly bleeding out, hardly awake and listening helplessly to muffled explosions and gunshots glazed over by ringing as he began to succumb to sleep.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫

Zero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfire on Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:29 am

As Starfire was about to shook down some more soldiers, a sudden screen of smoke blocked her view. Smoke bomb. she thought with a nod.
   "Time to run!" Starfire excalimed as she stored away her crossbow.
   She ran toward the edge of the roof and jumped off. Ashi shot out from the smoke cover and caught Starfire. Starfire readied herself and steered her Firebird toward Sakari.
   Sakari turned her head in Starfire's direction at the sound of wingbeats. Starfire gestured for her sister to follow her. Sakari nodded and did so.
   Starfire lead them to a dark alley, where Ashi behind a dumpster in an attempt to hide herself. Keiti landed on the other side, staying away from Ashi's heat. Starfire dismounted and shot Sakari a "what's up with you?" glare.
   Starfire's 15-year-old sister jumped off her Icebird(placeholder name) and looked back at Starfire.
  "What?" she asked innocently. "Is something wrong?"
   Starfire put her hands on her hips. "Yes. YOU."
   Sakari looked almost hurt. "Me? What do you mean? There's nothing wrong with me!"
   "Yes, there is!" Starfire growled. "What is with you?! Grinning back there like a maniac when you were in danger! Do you even know how weird that is? Not to mention just downright creepy!"
   Sakari shrunk back. "I-I'm sorry... I just was...enjoying the danger..." Sakari straightened. "You do it all the time! Why can't I? It's unfair to tell me I can't do something when you do it yourself! It's- it's... Argh!"
  Starfire sighed. "I just don't want you to go off dying on me like M-- like they did! Geez!"
   Sakari turned away, her hands on her head. She shook it and took a deep breath. Then she turned back to Starfire. "I understand. But that doesn't mean you can keep me confined all the time. I did save you earlier, after all." Sakari finished with a soft smile.
   "True..." Starfire murmured, turning away thoughtfully. Then her eyes lit up. Good moods sure can spread.
   She turned back to her smiling sister and grinned michievously. "I wouldn't be smiling if I were you."
   Sakari opened her eyes and gave her sister a confused look. "Why not?"
   "Because you're still splattered with that psycho b*tch's blood."
   Sakari looked down to see the Starfire was right. She gasped. "Oh no! Do you think they saw?"
   "Who?" Starfire said. "Our leader and that stranger?"
   Sakari nodded. "Yeah, our leader!"
   "Not the stranger?"
   "He's just a stranger. His opinion on me doesn't matter."
   "It could effect you later. Like--" Starfire began.
   "It doesn't matter," Sakari repeated. She looked around. "Speaking of which, we should probably find him. Our leader.
   "To start, let's get far away from here."

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Apathetic (Story revolving around Starfire's sister + 1 other chari of mine)
Starfire
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Role : Co-Leader
Auli ( ₳ ) : 888

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmeon on Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:51 pm

After finding shelter within the shaded alley, Desmeon stopped to regain her composure. Running here in a flurry of bullets was not the best of ideas. Despite the smoke bombs having been set off, those soldiers were inclined to continue wasting their mags. She did get scratched a couple of times, though nothing severe. Her heart was pounding from that experience, which she found surprising, considering that she had gone through similar situations before.

Less than a minute passed and Desmeon was already prepared to face any more soldiers that would curiously walk into the alley. Though that time never came as an explosion sounded out just around the corner. It must have been the tank since the bits and pieces of it gave it away as parts flew past the alleyway entrance.
Wide eyed, Des glanced upward to see that even more smoke had formed in the sky; embers were also visible as they leaped into the air. Blinking her eyes away, she then crouched over to the edge of the alley wall, remaining in the shadows, and poked her head out to see the damage. Smoke was almost everywhere now, though the smoke from her bombs had mostly dispersed. Fire arose from the tank, and the soldiers seemed to have scattered from the blast. Some of them were on the ground motionless or shifting and groaning from pain. A few others were shouting at one another, seeming to have forgotten about her existence since they finally were not firing their weapons anymore.

Desmeon debated whether or not she should try and shoot them dead, or leave them be. Though with what she observed next made the decision for her. The guy from earlier was dragging himself into an alley across from hers and he soon disappeared within the darkness. He looked to be in bad shape, but it was to be expected. He did sacrifice himself to disable the tank...She wouldn't have thought of that, honestly. Disarming a tank. She would have just fled the scene. And she was going to do that, but now she was put in a tough spot. Did she ditch that guy to die? Or should she rescue him? Hell, she didn't know if he even needed saving. He looked like the kind of guy to handle himself. But after seeing him crawl away, he must have been injured.

Giving a deep sigh, Desmeon stood up from her position, faced the standing soldiers, and pointed her pistol at them. She was only doing this as a repayment, only 'cause he saved her life, kinda. She pulled the trigger multiple times, felling her enemies instantly. They didn't even have the time to shriek out in agony. It was easy, killing them. She felt no remorse. Probably because of what these people done to her. She didn't care if they had no connection in her life torment, but if they were apart of the UNA, she'd slaughter them ruthlessly.

Hurriedly yet cautiously, Desme crossed over the road, passing soldiers that choked up incoherent speech. As she trotted by each live soldier, she considered killing them, or making them suffer. She choose the latter. So after she made it to the alley the guy squirmed into, she halted just before it. Turning around, she snatched a random gas canister from her belt and threw it between the bodies. She didn't know which gas she hurled at them, but she knew it was most likely going to kill them. Right away, she turned around, facing the alley, and dashed in, the gas can setting off behind her.

It didn't take long to find the guy's bloody body near trash, just where he belonged. Desmeon carefully crouched beside him, looking at the wounds he carried. Damn, was it gruesome. He didn't look conscious, nor alive, but when she pressed her hand on his chest, she could feel it lightly going up and down. He was definitely breathing, but it wouldn't be for much longer. She was just about to grab her backpack when she realized, she left it back under that street light. And she finally noticed she didn't have her walkie-talkie either. Well shit. Now he was in deep trouble. Des couldn't possibly carry him to safety, or anywhere for that matter. Nor could she leave him here alone while he was exposed to danger. What to do, what to do...

Glancing around wildly, looking for something, anything to use as an aid, Des figured she could search the garbage next to her. So she did, but she found absolutely nothing. Suppose she wouldn't have anyway, though it was worth a shot. Shifting her gaze back onto the guy, she frowned. She did have one solution to this. It was only temporary, probably not even useful, but still, she had it.

Digging into her side pocket, Desmeon pulled out a small container full of tablets, drugs, and the such. No, she didn't use it to get high or stoned, or whatnot. She usually used it on people who she desired information from. But of course, she did have other pills that didn't get someone drugged. She had some anti-biotics and painkillers. It was always convenient to carry that around. First wiping her hands on her pants, she opened the container, and she shook it slightly to get out the anti-biotic and painkiller pills from the sorted pod it was in. She brought the pills up to the guy, shifted his mask to provide an opening, then popped both into his mouth. She encouraged him to swallow each whole, despite him perhaps being unconscious.

Waiting for him to swallow, Des closed the container and placed it back into her pocket. She watched him, thinking of what to do next. She could search the other trash bins for something helpful, or she could cut off some cloth from hers or his clothing. She wanted to use his cloth as a bandage, but to show respect, she quickly seized her bowie-knife, and pulled up her coat sleeves. She had a kevlar vest with long sleeves underneath her coat that she could easily use to pat down on him. The reason why she hesitated until this moment was because she didn't want to ruin her clothes...But now that she got over that fact, she swiftly cut an incision near the top of both of her kevlar vest's sleeves so as to effortlessly tear them off. Setting her knife back into it's sheath, Desmeon took the cloth and applied it to his more visible, severe wounds to stop the bleeding. She also used part of his armor to enforce the padding.

Pulling back, Des smiled weakly at the fine work she did. That would have to do for now. Even if it was a crappy job, and wouldn't do much, it was the best it would get. Moving slightly back, she gave the guy space in case he didn't want to be so close to her. Taking her gaze off of him for a second, she turned her head to look both ways of the alley. She hoped nothing or no one ambushed them at the moment, or else shit would go down. And she didn't particularly wanted to do any more running or fighting right now. She only wanted to save this guy from death as a form of compensation for earlier.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Des
Desmeon
Founder

Leader
FounderLeader

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero on Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:37 am

Max blinked heavily, darkness edging his vision as it blurred and distorted the shrouded alleyway he had managed to drag himself away into, twisting the dim light of the fire's hearth that had now spread to a number of different buildings surrounding the area. His lungs stung from smoke that had made it's way into his helmet and was now trapped, choking him as he pathetically gasped and panicked for what little air was left for him. He felt weak again. A feeling he had long ago learned to loathe.. and for good reason. Now he could do no more than lie there, left for dead and boiling with rage. Soon he'd be dead with the ass-lickers and all because of some lousy job? He should have given up when the bastard ran. Maybe then he'd find a decent paying job, make a living and finish what he'd started. It was never worth it! Not for one second.

Max used what little strength he had to make an attempt at getting up, however, to little avail. He coughed heavily, the smoke suffocating him even further. It was only then when he noticed Desmeon who bent down next to him. In alarm and confusion, Max flinched, only to agitate a large piece of shrapnel that had made its way into his side, causing him to recoil out of pain. What the hell? Why was this guy back? He had his own life to save. Max wanted no part of it...  Then again.. he didn't want to die either. "You-" He managed to croak. He wanted to get up. So bad he wanted to get to his feet and be able to take care of himself. Yet, right now.. he was glued to the ground. He was helpless and he knew it.. Whether he wanted to or not.

Defeated, Max huffed, allowing Desmeon to help in whatever way he could. And there from the ground he watched, observing as the Eviternity leader as they rummaged through the trash only to realize their.. interesting efforts were futile and returned their attention back to him. Max raised a brow, unimpressed by the leader's 'quick thinking'. What was he expecting to find in there? A box of sterile, unused gauze and needles? Not to mention, even if he was planning on using whatever he found in there, Max couldn't help but feel concerned for himself.

He looked into the tinted visor of the gasmask that stared back at him, as if it were asking him what to do. How should he know? He was the one dying here. He tightened his jaw, trying with all his might to stay conscious and tide the pain, squirming and shifting in his place which only made things worse for him. As he peeked open his eyes, he saw, to his dismay, Desmeon was reaching for his mask. He struggled fruitlessly, wanting to pull away, however, found himself unable to move. Thankfully Desmeon only bothered to reveal part of his face to allow him to drop a few pills into his mouth.

Wait, what? Was this guy going to end up poisoning him? Did he know anything about medicine? Max could only hope so, as it was too late to protest. In his fit of wheezing and swallowing air, he had consumed the unidentified pills. You better damn know what your doing you little- A metallic tang hit his tongue as blood began to leak from the corners of his mouth. Time was cutting short. Already he could feel himself loosing the last of his strength. If this guy didn't hurt it the hell up, he'd be rotting in hell. Course, he could only expect so much. He did try to choke him, after all.

To his relief, Desmeon began to use the cloth of their clothing to bind the more fatal of his wounds and clot most of his bleeding for the time being. Maybe he wasn't that shit of a medic after all. He waited until Desmeon had back up until he attempted to get to his feet. Sure enough he did.. After a few stumbles and a lot of wobbling. Whatever he had been given had terminated the majority of his pain, allowing him to be a lot more able than he would be with the burden of a dozen pieces of metal scraping his nerves every subtle movement he made. He flipped down the rest of his helmet and just stared at Desmeon for a brief moment. Max expected him to take of running and leave him. But the Eviternity leader remained. "So? We gonna stand here and get ourselves shot?" He hissed weakly at Desmeon, shifting his weight onto his good leg.

The sound of boots hitting the slick, rain covered concrete notified Max of the arrival of a UNA soldier scouting the area. "Halt!" A voice yelled out at them.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫

Zero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfire on Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:28 am

"Why?" Starfire asked. "What about--"
   "Well, of course we are going to find our leader," Sakari interrupted, "but first I need to change into something less bloody! I don't have an excuse for the blood; I didn't get wounded, I didn't get close enough to any of the soldiers for their blood to splatter on me... And the blood isn't that fresh anyway!"
   "Sakari, ju--" Starfire began.
   Sakari continued to ramble on, interrupting her sister again. "And I can't just say that it is juice or red paint 'cause you can tell it's not by the smell and the look and-and--"
   "Shut. UP!" Starfire growled. Sakari fell silent and the Eviternity Co-Leader sighed. "Listen, we are not going back yet."
  "But--"
   "No buts! We are going to find our leader AND that guy first."
   "Fine," Sakari groaned. "We'll go find our leader first."
   "AND the guy." Starfire added.
   "WHY do you even care about him?! He's not important!! All that matters is--!!!"
   The sound of multiple shots firing from a pistol interrupted Sakari.
   Starfire took the time to grab her sister's hand in her distraction. "Let's go!"
   Ignoring Sakari's protests, Starfire ran toward the sound of the explosion. Seeing the dead UNA soldiers scattered around, she nearly cheered.
   But she shook her head fiercely. No time! I gotta find him!
   Still firmly holding onto Sakari's wrist, she ran toward the nearest alley, too focused on what lay ahead to notice the two figures -- one tending to the other -- hiding in the shadows.
  But Sakari had seen. At least, she thought so. "Starry! I saw two people over there! One of them might be our-- Augh!" Sakari broke off as she right straight into her older sister, knocking them both into the ground.
   "Sakari!" Starfire growled. "Watch where you're goin'!"
   "Sorry, sorry." her sister murmured. "But didn't you see the figures back there?"
   "What figures? What're you talking about?"
   "There were two people back there -- near the entrance to the alley," Sakari explained, standing back up. "It looked like one was tending to the other...maybe they were injured."
   "How can you be sure?" Starfire said, standing up as well. "I mean, we WERE going pretty fast."
   "I'm not. But it wouldn't hurt to go look."
  "True, but what if--"
   "Halt!"
   The sound of a UNA soldier's voice in the distance caught the girls' attention. They exchanged one look, nodded, and ran back to the entrance, slowing as they neared. Starfire saw that there was two people standing in the shadows, like Sakari had said. And, like their ears had told them, there in fact was a lone soldier as well, pointing his gun at the two figures.
    Starfire motioned for Sakari to hide while she finally kicked some ass up close.
   But Sakari raced right pass her sister, her katana in hand and a look of pure fury on her face. "HOW DARE YOU!" she shrieked at the soldier.
  The soldier turned toward her voice, pointing his gun at her instead. Before Starfire could do anything, the soldier fired.
   And missed. Or rather, Sakari dodged.
H-how...? Starfire was speechless.
   The soldier's eyes widened as he realized he was about to meet his fate. He franticly started to shoot and Sakari, missing more than Sakari dodged.
  He ran out a bullets quickly. He stared at his gun in dismay, but Sakari didn't let it last.
 She reached him, kicked him to the ground, and stabbed his chest repeatedly with her katana. Her face was one of pure fury, and it was only after the tenth-or-so stab that she stopped and stumbled backwards from exhaustion.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Starfire
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmeon on Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:50 pm

After a few seconds looking over to the alley entrance, Desmeon noticed two figures dash seemingly towards her. She was fearful at first, but when they hurried past her, she became confused. She turned her gaze to follow them to watch where they headed, but they disappeared into the darkness. She pondered on whether who those two were since they looked so familiar.

Brushing it off, she glanced back to the guy she tended to, and to her surprise, the guy had unsteadily heaved himself off the ground so soon. She assumed he would have given it a little extra time to gather his bearings, but apparently not. He even asked a question as to whether or not they would continue to linger here. Well, of course not anymore, she thought. But as if the guy predicted the future, and to her disappointment, a UNA soldier appeared just at the end of the alleyway. He aimed a gun directly at the two, shouting the command "halt" as if they would actually stop and raise their arms, just to be gunned down or imprisoned.

Des stood deathly still, glaring at the damned soldier, and cursing under her breath at the fact that there was yet another one. She was sick and tired of this night, she wanted it to be over, to get the hell out of this country. While she remained stagnant, the man crept closer to them, but he himself halted. It seemed like his eyes focused on something behind her. She was about to look back, but not even a split second after, a gust of air and a dark shape sped past her, charging at the soldier. Bullets were fired, though Desmeon couldn't see where they landed; she only flinched when she thought something flew by her head.

Blinking, Desmeon couldn't believe what she saw next. The figure was on top of the UNA soldier, stabbing them furiously. It was then she realised who it was. It was Sakari, again. Which she found appalling. Sakari had viciously murdered the soldier with a sword-like weapon, splattering blood everywhere. Though what really bothered her was the fact that Sakari was so young, yet she could do such a thing. It only made Des wonder where this girl was raised.

When Sakari finally stopped thrusting her weapon into the soldier, then having staggered backwards, Desmeon rushed over to her to keep her from falling to the ground. She looked at her up and down, examining her clothing and her body. She was practically drenched in blood. She couldn't even tell whether some of it was Sakari's or mostly that soldier's.
Des gave a silent sigh, now concerned for the mental health of this girl. This wasn't right, nor safe for someone like her. But then again, she could say the same for herself.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Des
Desmeon
Founder

Leader
FounderLeader

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero on Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:17 am

Max stumbled as a dark, unidentified figure darted past them and attacked the guard, despite having been likely shot quite a few times when the soldier decided to open fire. He gasped as his leg decided to give away and caused him to lurch backwards, falling onto the wall and struggling to keep himself upright. He watched in confusion and disgust as a child began brutally and continuously stabbing the man without end. What kind of sick, twisted city was this where kids were running around murdering people? Soldiers, nonetheless! Yet the girl- whom he recognized to be the one from earlier- stabbed on even after the man had clearly bit the dust. She only yielded after she had run out of energy and was now standing, blood soaked and panting. Even he wouldn't carry it on to that level.. Poor bastard.. Killed by a little girl.. a psychopathic one.. but.. a little girl nonetheless. Not exactly the most honorable way to die. But honestly, death itself isn't the most honorable thing.

Max raised a brow, looking to the girl. "You need some therapy, kid. Or.. some better parents." He grunted in is usual low and typically sarcastic tone. He then pushed himself away from the wall, tripping over his own feet a few times before eventually regaining his balance. It was pathetic, really. To be in this state was the equivalent of torture for him. Not because of the pain part, but rather the feeling of incapability. He was left unable to fend for himself and put in the treatment of others... and he hated it.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫

Zero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfire on Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:28 pm

Sakari stumbled backwards, tripping over her own feet. It was only the fact that someone had rushed over to catch her that forced her to believe she wouldn't hit the ground. Her breathing was heavy, and her vision was blurred and tinted black. Her pupils had shrunk and the humanity gone.
  But now, everything was returning to normal. Her pupils regained their size, her vision cleared, and her breathing normalized. The speed of it all gave her a headache, and she pressed her hands onto her temples.
  Then she looked up to see that it was her leader that had caught her. Afraid, she pushed herself away from him. What would he think of her now...now that she had revealed her true self?
  Sakari slowly backed away, stopping only when she heard the stranger speak.
  "You need some therapy, kid. Or...some better parents."
  That sentence alone brought all her anger and energy back. She turned to look at him, raising her bloody weapon threateningly.
  "How DARE you talk that way about my parents?!" she shreiked. "And to my FACE!? My parents were the best in the world! They loved me and cared for me! They protected me!" Sakari fought back her tears and raised her katana behind her shoulder, ready to take a swing at the man. "They wouldn't have allowed me to do the things I do now! But that--" Sakari paused to growl deep in her throat to hide her tears, "that doesn't matter anymore! BECAUSE THEY'RE DEAD!"

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Starfire
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero on Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:50 am

(You just controlled Des, Starfire. ._.)

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫

Zero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmeon on Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:46 pm

(Nah, she didn't, Zero. Just look at my previous post.)

Desmeon couldn't help but pity Sakari as she pushed away from her in fear. It was an odd expression she had seen from her, something she'd make sure not to forget. Pure and absolute fright of oneself.
Des remained in place, gazing at Sakari where she now stood a few paces in front of her. It was then that the guy mumbled something behind her, that Sakari responded in the most interesting manner, despite having been afraid only seconds before. Just at the mere mention of parents, she had cried out, hardly holding back tears, and held her weapon right above her, ready to swing.

Since she was still just a kid, these kinds of outbursts would be normal. If someone dear to you had died, it would be scarring of course; it would scar almost anyone.
Des herself knew the feeling and would continue to face it. Though as time moved on, she did notice how that emotion seemed to fade ever so slowly from her. She used to cry uncontrollably, but now, she occasionally shed a tear. Who knows how she would act in the near future...

Desmeon quickly glanced back to the guy only to see him struggling. She debated on whether to help him stand or to calm Sakari. One was physically injured, and the other mentally. Either of them could have been one or the other, maybe even both. Hell, she perhaps could place herself into those categories as well.
Sighing, Desmeon decided she shouldn't say or do anything unnecessary about the sensitive subject that would probably only fuel Sakari's rage. Not now, at least. They each had a place to be, wherever that was, and they had to get away from this area immediately. There was no point in sticking around any longer, especially when the UNA were bound to track them down.

"Hey you two, I'd love to linger around in this danger zone much longer, but I really don't feel like being caught by the UNA. Now cool yourselves, ignore any pain you're feeling and start running." Des made it apparent in her low tone that she was quite ticked off. Sure, she felt sorrow for the two just minutes ago, but now, she was just focused on getting away from here alive. Of course, with the others, too.
Desmeon knew she couldn't take off on her own, so she thought which one she'd go to, to aid them. It was none other than that guy. Sakari could help herself as she was in decent physical condition since she seemed prepared to hack and slash away at anyone in her way.
Des didn't mean to show negativity towards Sakari, it was just that even as this guy was a stranger, she couldn't leave him to die a pointless death. Desmeon then promptly found her way beside the guy and offered him a shoulder to lean on. This all felt rushed as she really, really wanted to get as far away from that building as possible.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Des
Desmeon
Founder

Leader
FounderLeader

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero on Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:47 pm

(Oh, right. Just me being stupid.)

Max took a slight, shaky step backwards in order to evade the swing that the girl was now preparing to take. This kid really was crazy. Although, he wasn't surprised. After what he'd seen, it wasn't anything out of the ordinary around here. But once she started rambling about having lost her parents, he began to feel enraged. He didn't quite know why, but he did. "Ugh. Look.. Want my advice? Get over it. Shit happens. No one ever got anywhere sitting on their ass and crying." He growled harsh words at her, showing no sympathy for the girl. Why would he? Clearly she was twisted enough to loose herself in dreamland while butchering somebody. She could most definitely take what he dished out. "But what do I know, right? I'm just a guy in a mask."

Max noticed Desmeon walking over and was a tad confused when they offered him support. Why didn't he just run off again? Max may have just saved him, but he had also chased the guy half way across the city. He hesitated, looking at Des for a long moment before accepting it. After all, he wasn't really in any place to refuse help.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫

Zero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfire on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:28 am

(I just wanna say that any negative comment Sakari directs to someone, *I* don't feel that way. That's how Sakari feels. Just wanted to make that clear)9

"Ugh. Look.. Want my advice? Get over it. Shit happens. No one ever got anywhere sitting on their ass and crying."
   Sakari nearly stabbed the man in the throat. She REALLY wanted to. But...something held her back. And she wasn't sure what...
   Then the man continued. "But what do I know, right? I'm just a guy in a mask."
    Sakari glared at the man with cold eyes. She loaered her weapon and smirked. "Yes. You ARE just a guy in a mask. 'Importance is not you.'"
   Resting her katana on her shoulder, she walked some ways away to give them space. She watched as Desmeon offered the man help... And as he accepted it.

Starfire ran up at that moment, followed by the two Birds.
   "Well, here's our ride outta here." Sakari murmured.
  Starfire ran to Sakari and hugged her. Not even a few seconds later, she pushed her sister away. "You idiot!" she growled. "You could've gotten yourself killed! What do you think our parents would've thought about that?!"
"Mom's dead." Sakari said flatly.
   "Dad isn't," Starfire shot back.
   Yes he is, Sakari thought. But I still don't know how to tell you.
   Starfire sighed. "Just be more careful...okay?"
   Then she walked over to her leader and the man. "You guys taking a ride with us? If so, hot or cold? And if not, what do you prefer?" then she turned to the man and gave him a slight nod. "I'm Starfire, by the way."
   I kinda want to help, but I don't think I need to...

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Starfire
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmeon on Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:04 am

After the guy finally accepted her kind gesture, Desmeon slung his arm over her shoulder and situated herself in a position that would help alleviate his pain.
Sakari did back down after a short time, making it apparent that she calmed herself but only slightly.
It wasn't long before a familiar shape popped out of the darkness of the alley and rushed over to hug Sakari. It was Starfire of course; it was easy to tell because of her attire and voice. She began reprimanding Sakari, telling her to be more careful and the such.

Desmeon was standing with the guy, ready to move out, just when Starfire mentioned "a ride" and "hot or cold," completely disregarding the fact that she shared her "name." At first, Des was confused but figured it out when she realized that the monster like birds were, she supposed, considered a sort of transportation.
Desme glanced over to the birds that stuck out like a beacon in the sky. She held a concerned expression about how well this escape would play out. The UNA were most likely in the area, yet again, and the guy probably wouldn't be able to handle a wild ride in the sky. She wanted to make a decision for the guy, but thought it was best she shouldn't. She preferred the cold one, though he might need to go on the cold one due to his injuries.
Turning her gaze to him, Desmeon didn't say anything but indicated that she wanted his input on which one he'd like to ride.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Des
Desmeon
Founder

Leader
FounderLeader

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:38 pm

(Short, sorry.)

Max grumbled in distaste as he had to slouch forward pathetically to match Desme's height. It was uncomfortable and didn't do any good for his wounds, but he didn't have enough energy or motivation to protest. Not like it'd do him much good anyway. When another girl- who he suspected to be a close friend of the little maniac that, to his embarrassment, did save their hides- appeared out of absolutely nowhere, Max nearly jumped out of his skin, his heart skipping a beat. He hadn't been paying attention and the tension molded out of the fear of being found by UNA soldiers lingering had caused him to believe for a split second that they were about to get shot.

He gasped, his prior shortness of breath returning once more. What they said next, confused him at first. Hot or cold? What were they going on about. It took a while before he realized they were referring to the giant birds. A ride? In that? "Does it really matter? It's a fucking overgrown chicken for god's sake and your worried about temperature?!" He exclaimed with a strained edge to his voice. "I'm more concerned about whether or not this thing has a taste for human flesh! I don't know about you, but I'm not very fond of being eaten."

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫

Zero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfire on Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:43 pm

Starfire instantly snapped. It didn't take much to anger her. Especially when her, her family, or Ashi was insulted.
   "Rrrrrr! How DARE you insult Ashi?! She is NOT an 'overgrown chicken' you fuckin' asshole! And have you even done ANY fucking research?! Of course they don't eat humans! Fuckin' IDIOT!"

Sakari saw her sister suddenly put her fist up and start yelling at the man, and immediately rushed over.
 She arrived in time to hear Starfire say, "--IDIOT!"
  "What's wrong, Starry?" Sakari asked.
  Starfire jumped and looked at sister. "Nothing! And DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT!"
   Ignoring her sister, Sakari glared suspiciously at the man. "I don't like him one bit..." she muttered to herself.

"And I'm not worried about tempature," Starfire growled, "I just wanna get the hell outta here! Now, I'm gonna asking one. More. Fuckin'. Time. Hot? Or cold? Me? Or my sister?"
Starfire took a step back and sighed. Then, the fire gone, she said, "Thank you very much."

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Starfire
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmeon on Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:23 pm

Desmeon narrowed her eyes as Starfire began shouting out loud just like her sister had done minutes earlier. It's like the two sisters only wanted to attract attention to themselves. Sure enough, they did. She turned to completely ignoring the conflict between the guy and the two sisters as she was focused on the distant sound of voices. It alarmed Des thinking that perhaps many soldiers could ambush them very soon. So she glanced back at the others and glared at them for being so slow and irritating. Giving yet another annoyed sigh, Desmeon answered Starfire, "He should go on the "cold" one, alright? I'll go with you one the "hot" one. Now we have to go. We don't have any more time to dawdle." Shifting her gaze back to the guy once more, she leaned in close to him, muttering, "Don't let those two get to you." And with that, she withdrew and indicated that he should get onto their only ride to safety.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Des
Desmeon
Founder

Leader
FounderLeader

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero on Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:33 pm

Max was still seething with anger, even more so than before. Usually he wouldn't be so annoyed with something so.. petty. Maybe the blood loss was getting to his head. But nonetheless he had the urge to lash out at this smartass kid (something he would never imagine doing in normal circumstances). "You're just lucky I don't clobber little girls, kid." He hissed sharply between grit teeth, flexing his digits. "That and I don't have much of a choice." He nodded slightly in agreement as Desmeon gave the two orders, but it was cut short by the sentence that followed next. Why would he care if they got to him? No one cared about anyone anymore. At least, from what he had experienced. And yet, it made him question if he was right to judge so quickly. But that was enough of that. Not wasting any further time, he limped lamely to the giant bird that they referred to as the 'cold' one. And sure enough, as he lifted himself upon it's back, he immediately pulled away in shock from the sudden icy cold that shot from his palms across his body. Unsure of what to think of the matter, he simply ignored it and clambered onto the mount.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫

Zero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfire on Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:55 pm

Starfire had to try so hard to not scream in his face "I'M 18 YOU MORON! I'M NOT A KID!" Even still, she succeeded in not doing so. She walked over to Sakari and whispered, "Don't plan anything nasty."
Then she leapt onto Ashi, and waited for Desmeon to mount.

Sakari grinned and nodded. She started towards Keiti and sat in front of the man. Out of view of the others, her eyes flashed red and she smiled evilly. She chuckled under her breath...but then Starfire's words came to mind.
Sakari sighed. She turned around and smiled. On the inside, she really didn't like this...but at the same time, she liked her old self.
"Sorry 'bout earlier~!" she apologized. "I dunno what got inta me!" The truth was, she did. Well, kind of. She turned back around and waited for Starfire to take flight.

(I sincerely apologize about Sakari's speach at the end there. That's just how I talk, and... Yeah... X3
Hey, btw, is anyone reading my stories? 'Cause it seems like only Osaki is actually reading them and others just check out the first chapter and their like "oh, this kid's shit at story-writing so byebye"... :'(
I would just like to know....)

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Starfire
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmeon on Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:54 am

Desmeon only gazed at the guy as he settled himself atop the icebird, but just before he did completely, she noticed him flinch. Was it really that cold? Would the firebird perhaps be terribly hot? She had stood just a couple feet beside it, yet she didn't really feel any heat radiate off of it. Well, only one way to check whether it'll burn her or not. Des stepped up to the bird and reached out for it, placing her hand in a position where she could throw herself over. Almost immediately, her hand felt like it was on fire and soon enough, her whole body felt the same. She so eagerly wanted to pull away, though she knew she couldn't. They didn't have that kind of time waste. So, without any more hesitation, she gave a silent deep breath and heaved herself on top of the firebird. Desmeon kept any curses from escaping her mouth as she practically sat  on fire. She didn't say anything nor show any signs of her uncomfortableness. But what she did manage to say was that "we're done here," and "let's move out."

~Star, I have actually read some of what you had on your page. It was quite interesting so I most likely will read more.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Des
Desmeon
Founder

Leader
FounderLeader

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfire on Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:02 am

~oh. That's good to know ^-^' I'm glad you find it interesting. The next chapter of Apathetic (I haven't published it yet) is my favorite by far X3

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Starfire
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero on Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:14 pm

(I didn't even know you had a story. I'll check it out, though.)

As Sakari mounted the 'icebird', Max noticed the devilish glint in her eyes and a part of a mischievous grin. Now a tad bit concerned, he squirmed uncomfortably in his seat. What was she planning on doing? She'd already made it clear that she had more than a few screws loose and he wasn't exactly the most.. compassionate person towards her. She wasn't going to try and kill him was she? The thought was ridiculous, but he wasn't in a very capable state at the moment. Perhaps she'd try to take advantage of it. He was relieved when the girl turned around bearing a not-so mad smile and apologized. Well that was unexpected. But instead of replying, he just continued to glare at her from behind his mask.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫

Zero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfire on Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:19 pm

Starfire nodded. "Ashi, take us somewhere...safer." Ashi simply took off without a sound. Keiti followed.
The two 'birds flew quite a ways away. Finally out of the smoke, Starfire took a deep breath.
"Ahh!" she sighed. "Fresh air!"
Sakari pulled up next to Desmeon and Starfire. "Hey," she said, "what's our destination?"
Starfire glanced back at her leader. "Where do you want to go?"

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Starfire
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmeon on Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:47 pm

Desmeon somehow managed to hold onto the firebird as they took off and swiftly flew away. It was so breathtaking at first, soaring high above the city, that it almost took her mind off of the fact that her fingers felt burnt. The rest of her body wasn't as bad, thanks to her clothing, though she still felt the heat.

Sooner or later, Sakari and the guy met up beside them on the icebird. Sakari had asked where they were headed to, and Starfire promptly asked a similar question. Des found herself dumbstruck by the question. At this point in time, she never really thought where to go. Ever since the incident at the building, all she could have thought of was survival. And her thoughts still remained on the subject of survival. None of them could have made it out of that encounter unscathed. She knew she got a few scratches and grazes from bullets that could use a good cleaning. Star and Sakari, they probably could go get some treatment too, just in case they did get cuts. The guy she bandaged was still severely wounded. It was without a doubt he should get medical attention. But by whom? The hospital was a no go and it would forever be that way. Those people were part of the UNA and she knew it. There wasn't really any safe medical bay areas nearby that they could stop at. The only place she knew of was the building that was burned down. Though, what if she lowered her standards? Maybe to something not so professional... She pondered for not even a few seconds before reaching the best option she could think of. It was something that the guy would most likely not approve.

Desmeon glanced at the guy, checking whether he was visibly in pain. She could have only imagined what it felt like to be him right now. This brought her to thinking that her idea was actually their best bet. It would be quick, less painful (maybe), and time efficient. She turned her gaze to Starfire, giving her reply. "Let's go to a pharmacy. I'm pretty sure there was one somewhere near here. We can pick up healing supplies there since going to the hospital is hazardous and there aren't any nearby Eviternity infirmaries." She stole a glance at the guy, looking for any hints that he may now feel even more uncomfortable in this situation. Even if he was, he shouldn't worry. Well, that's what she wanted to say but didn't. Going to buy medical supplies at a pharmacy wasn't the worst idea in their position. She had acceptable skills at patching up the wounded, usually. They only had to hope the place was open 24/8.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Des
Desmeon
Founder

Leader
FounderLeader

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:18 am

A pharmacy? Well, it was better than nothing. He'd just have to rely on the guy's 'medical expertise', he thought as he looked to Des, staring behind the emptiness of the gasmask, looking for a face that he'd never find. While he reflected upon the recent events that had unfolded in the duration of a night, he realized that, despite being nearly killed, things could have been much worse. And now that they were safe away from the chaos, he could finally relax... somewhat. He tried his best to remind himself that he wasn't in the air and wasn't risking falling a hundred feet onto pavement, but whenever he looked to the side, his stomach twisted and made a sickly pit in his gut. Who knew he hated heights? Or was it just the loss of blood?

He looked down to his hand that was gripping his wounded side, blood staining his digits. Would they find the mark? And more importantly.. what would they do if they did? He held his hand and pulled back his glove just enough to observe it. After all this time, they were still looking for him. And he hadn't even done anything! The black 'X' stared back at him as if it had eyes of it's own, looking right through him as if he were as transparent as glass. Shuddering, he hid it once again and pretended nothing happened.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫

Zero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfire on Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:26 pm

Starfire gave a curt nod. "Okay. Got it."
She steered Ashi toward the area where they had landed when arriving at the capital. It was on the edge of the ocean, yet the area was strangly empty of people. They landed a couple minutes later, and Starfire dismounted.
Sakari did the same and looked around. "Why are we here?"
"I remember seeing a pharmacy around here..." Starfire replied thoughtfully. "I can't remember exactly where though."
Starfire glanced at Desmeon. "It was nearby an alleyway...I'm sorry, I didn't pay attention to it enough to give directions."

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Starfire
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmeon on Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:33 pm

Starfire did almost exactly as what Desmeon proposed. They did continue on through the sky in search of this pharmacy. They had soon ended up by the ocean, which was still the capital territory. Desmeon followed suit after Star when they landed onto a deserted beach and pier area.

Sakari asked a question as to why they were here, and Starfire responded with that she'd seen a pharmacy somewhere near this area. She just didn't quite know where, and now they were left to look for it on foot. Desmeon would have preferred they fly straight to the place, but perhaps it was best they didn't. It was some time past midnight, very early morning, and the unwanted attention they could get from riding an icebird or firebird would not fare well. Des was sure that by now, reportings of them could have been sent out already to the news network. It was only a matter of time before people would spot them out of a crowd, not like there were any anyway.

Desmeon did not reply to Star, but rather she just turned her gaze towards the city. Its lights were still a sight to behold, though after the incident tonight, she couldn't help but feel disdain towards it. It was things like this that made her never to return to a city, excluding the times she went to them for business and nothing more. As beautiful as they appeared, it was only a facade. What lied within it could kill you mercilessly.

Des blinked her eyes away from the scenery and set them upon on the guy. She examined him before speaking. "You should stay here. We wouldn't want any unnecessary blood everywhere that would only give us away. The pills I gave you won't last much longer and by the time we find the pharmacy, you'll probably be keeled over in pain." She then looked to Sakari, continuing with orders, "I suggest you also stay here and guard him. You have too much blood all over your uniform which would only raise suspicion." Desmeon gave a glance to Star, proceeding to finish with her commands, "Starfire and I will get the supplies as quick as possible. Don't do anything foolish. Either of you. Capisce?

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Des
Desmeon
Founder

Leader
FounderLeader

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero on Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:37 pm

(Short cuz no inspiration.)

Max wasn't paying much attention when they had landed. The sudden force jerked him forward, further irritating his wounds, causing him to lurch forward in pain. "Ugh." He groaned and slowly lifted his gaze to notice that they were no longer in the sky. He let out a long sigh of relief. Oh thank god. He began to dismount the giant bird but was stopped short by Desmeon who instructed him to stay... with the child. He supposed it was a better idea than walking around in public near-death. "The most 'foolish' thing I've done today was following you. I don't think it can get any worse than that. Just get it over with. I'd rather not bleed out, thank you very much." He replied in a snarky tone. Right. Be unbearably rude to the people who've saved your life. Nothing wrong with that.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫

Zero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfire on Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:50 pm

Starfire rolled her eyes at the man. He wasn't worth arguing with. "Let's go," she said, turning to her leader.

Sakari shrugged and replied with, "True. And don't worry, I won't."
Her fingers twitched ever so slightly. Ugh, I need something to do. She looked around. Seeing nothing, she groaned. Fine... she glanced at her leader and her sister. I'll look around some more when they are gone.

(yay! Progress is moving faster now!)

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Starfire
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmeon on Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:16 pm

Desmeon narrowed her eyes at the remarks made by the guy and the not so persuasive response given by Sakari. She knew she couldn't totally rely on them to not do anything idiotic. Who was she to order that guy around anyway? Same goes to Sakari, she was just a teenager, only a little younger than herself. And she always thought circumstances like that were odd. Here she was, nineteen years old, demanding kids and adults to meet her expectations. It really made her wonder when the time would come that her secrets would be known by all of Aurlia.

After Star mentioned they should go, Des took one last displeased look at the two before turning towards the city again. She headed off into the direction, assuming Starfire would follow.

Desmeon honestly did not have a clue where to go, but perhaps she may recall if she searched the premises. She did remember being here once, though. Almost everything looked very familiar since she was here actually just over one year ago. It was for business other than checking up on the mini-leaders. She was called for a meeting with a strange man wearing a black suit and shaded glasses. He had quite the deep voice and strong looking build. He was taller than her, not necessarily larger, but someone you wouldn't want to pick a fight with. When they met up at an abandoned building, he offered her Auli and power in return for her services. By services, he meant that she, the Eviternity Leader, ally herself with their group. She refused of course, but he continued to insist she did, also giving more reasons as to why she, the Leader, should. She had finally asked what the catch was, and he had mentioned the UNA. At that point, Des knew that for sure, no matter what he offered or threatened, she'd decline. She was right, but the events after that didn't go accordingly. He promised her earlier that he would never pull a card on her, it was an apparent lie and she knew it. Yet she trusted him and she was almost killed. As was expected, though, from him specifically. She had known who he was, just not his ambitions.

Desmeon hadn't realized how long she was walking since her thoughts seemed to pass the time. She found herself amongst resident buildings and no pharmacy in sight. Halting, Des took in the rest of her surroundings, keeping herself alert. Not a minute flew by, by the time she sighed and spoke aloud "Hey, Starfire?"

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Des
Desmeon
Founder

Leader
FounderLeader

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero on Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:19 pm

(Sorry. Something.. unexpected came up. Short because I don't have much to react to.)

Max watched on in silence as they forwarded out of sight and around the bend. When they had disappeared from view, he proceeded to unwrap the cloth that bound his wounds, throwing the blood-soaked fabric to the ground. Now that the torn clothing had been bathed in the crimson liquid, it was utterly useless. He decided to take off the cloak draped over his shoulders and tied it around the gash on his side where the bleeding was most severe. Having done that, he rested his head on his knee, waiting for the two to return. He didn't have much of a choice, otherwise he'd be gone in a heartbeat.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫

Zero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfire on Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:28 pm

~Sorry! I'm so sorry for posting late! I've just been having a bit of writer's block, not wanting to post a short one!~

As Starfire was absentmindedly following her leading, Desmeon came to a halt. Starfire looked up at her, letting out a inquisitive hum. Desmeon looked around, taking in her surroundings. Starfire did the same, her eyes landing on a familiar-looking building.
Desmeon let out a sigh. "Hey, Starfire?"
Starfire turned her gaze back to her leader and replied, "Yeah? What's up?"

Sakari watched as the man laid his head on his knee. She stood there for a moment, before walking up to a dumpster. She didn't care what the man thought of her at that moment. She justed wanted to check out the glint that caught her eye. She peered over the edge, her eyes lighting up at the sight of one item, before tilting her head in confusion at another.
She grabbed the first item -- a small collar -- and stuffed it in her shirt. Don't have any pockets; this'll have to do. Then she picked up the second object to observe it. It was a heart locket with a worn silver chain. The locket itself was a faded black, but the thing that interested her the most was the glowing red gem in the center. It looked like a ruby of some sort, but... why would anyone throw something as precious as this away?
Sakari brought it closer to her face. No... she realized. It's not a ruby...but I don't know what it is.
Shrugging it off, she attempted to open the locket, resulting in her hand slipping and banging onto the edge of the dumpster. She hissed in pain and shook her hand. Damn it. It's jammed.
Sakari placed it over her head, not wanting to put it in her shirt like the collar. "Speaking of the collar..." she muttered, pulling it out. It was a cat collar, and in pretty good condition too. The material was a faded red, and the buckle silver. "That red used to be bright, I bet."
The young schoolgirl took another look in the dumpster. Nothing of interest. The only thing that might of looked useful was a brown pouch filled with grey dust. Sakari gave it a weird look before shrugging. "Hmph."
Sakari walked back over to the man, and stood by him. After a moment of silence, she sighed. "Let's restart," she glance at him. "An introduction during a moment of peace sounds better than one in a moment of chaos, does it not? Now, since you seem like a man to keep his identity secret, just give me something to call you. Anything. Anything at all." she winked and stuck out her tongue playfully. "So. Let's start. My name's Sakari Rin."

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Starfire
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmeon on Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:27 am

Relieved to hear her respond, Desmeon turned her head to take a look at Starfire. With her deepened voice, she spoke, "Do you know where we're going? I thought the pharmacy might have been this way, but it looks like I could be wrong..." Trailing off, she turned her head back, contemplating on the other question she didn't ask Star. What do you think of that masked guy? But perhaps it would be best if she didn't inquire her about that. She should have to go along with her own judgements on this one. Sooner or later, Des would figure out how useful that guy would be to Eviternity. His willingness to actually join the group now, considering what had occurred, would also play a huge role.

-Sorry for my own late, short response. I've got school yet again, and it's taking up my free time. So my posts may be delayed because of it.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Des
Desmeon
Founder

Leader
FounderLeader

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero on Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:57 pm

Max lifted his head from his knee as the child wandered off to wherever, completely disregarding Desmeon's orders. Rebellious, huh? Or maybe she just didn't care. She was a member of Eviternity, right? Wasn't she sworn to do exactly what Desmeon said as he said it? But when she stopped at the dumpster, he figured it didn't really matter. She wasn't going far. Wait, a dumpster? It was an understatement to say this kid was weird. First her little 'break-down' and now dumpster diving? God, this city was all kinds of strange. Now intrigued, he decided to watch. Well, he probably would've anyway. It wasn't like there was much else to look at.

The girl appeared to pull out.. a collar.. and shoved it down her shirt. Max decided not to question it. The next item she pulled out was a locket. At first it didn't look to be much, but as soon as she opened it, he realized it was probably quite valuable. The gleaming red jewel caught the light brilliantly; a ruby, perhaps. Money would no doubt give him a head start. Right now, he hadn't a penny to his name... and would it really hurt to snatch it when she wasn't looking?

It was only when Sakari spoke to him, did he realize she was there. He looked to her, listening intently. Restart? Wait wait. She was actually trying to be nice? This was a first. He shrugged, looking away and turning his attention in front of him. So she wanted a name, huh? Well, he didn't exactly have a substitute one to give her... He hesitated. "Maxus." He replied plainly after a while of silence. She was just a kid. It wasn't like she was going to use it against him. Besides, anyone could share his name. He probably should have been more cautious, but at this moment in time, he could care less. "But I'd prefer you'd keep that between us." Desmeon, however, might be able to link him to the to-be-executed run-away prisoner. "Or we'll have problems."

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫

Zero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfire on Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:51 pm

Starfire squinted thoughtfully up at the sky. "Hmm... I think I might. If I remember correctly, it was down this alleyway," Starfire pointed to an alley on her left, "next to an abandoned warehouse of some sort. Strange place to put a pharmacy, huh?"
Starfire stared down the alley. "Hey, uh, mm... How do I put this... What do you...um, think of..the, uh, man...?"
She flitted her grey eyes towards her leader for a split second before continuing to look down the alleyway. "Just, uh... J-just wondering..."

"Maxus, huh?" Sakari replied. "Cool. And don't worry, I'll keep it a secret. That's something I'm good at."
She looked down at the ground, sighing. "Now what?"
Her eyes glanced over at the dumpster again. Maybe I could check out the dust...? Just to pass the time? Hmm... The pouch could certainly be useful...
Sakari went back to the dumpster and grabbed the pouch, quickly heading back to her spot in front of Maxus. She sat down and pored out the contents. All grey dust. She coughed, silently cursing, as some flew up in her face.
She stared at the dust. "Hm..." she hummed. "Why would someone put dust in a pouch then throw it away...? People are weird."
Sakari peaked inside the pouch, making sure it was empty, them put the collar inside. She closed it and wrapped the strings around her wrist, tying it together. "There...
"Why did I take it...?" she chuckled to herself. "It's not like I have any pets to put it on..."

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Starfire
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmeon on Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:21 pm

Starfire's response brought Desmeon's mind back to reality. She acknowledged the direction Star pointed to, which was probably where the pharmacy was located. Turning left, Des headed towards the alley as Star brought up a question. It was exactly the same question she had previously thought about. But if she, herself, inquired it first, it would have come out sounding more straightforward than just a fumble of words.

Before replying, Desmeon thoroughly thought about what she'd say. At this moment in time, she didn't know what she thought of the guy. That's why she would have asked Starfire, but she decided her judgement was best. And now, Star questioned her about it? She didn't think it through to this point. She only assumed, with Starfire being the Co-Leader, she'd act more like one. Like herself, for example, as someone who would know what to ask in this situation. Who stutters asking a damn simple question like that, to begin with? It was as if they were in Middle School, and she was sheepishly asking what her friend thought of that one guy. She always hated those specific things that the girls did. It was just so annoying and so obvious that they- Nevermind. This was going to get off topic, and her thoughts would only delay her answer.

With an agitated expression on her face, Desmeon tried to make her altered voice sound as calm as possible, "I don't think anything of him." She turned her head slightly to get a glimpse of Star, "With all that happened tonight, he's only a minor thought at the back of my head. The only reason we're getting these supplies and helping him out is for various other reasons. We, too, could use the medical aid for ourselves anyway." Removing her gaze, Des looked at what lied before her, noticing that the end of the alley was just up ahead. Hopefully, the pharmacy was just around the corner and still operating this late.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Des
Desmeon
Founder

Leader
FounderLeader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top