Reverie of Aurlia
Hello, and welcome to Aurlia!

This forum has a small yet friendly community which always enjoys new users!
Please consider becoming a member of the forum so that you may have splendiferous time here. ^-^

If you do so happen to join, contact Desmeon if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the site.

Hope to see you around! <3

-Cordially,
The Staff Team

Ground (Private: Artemis)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ground (Private: Artemis)

Post by Desmeon on Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:52 am

The poorly defended train had finally made a stop at the Gravengue Station. Why was it poorly defended? Well, that is the question I asked myself when I first boarded. They never demanded a fully body scan, nor a check for an I.D. Well, it wasn't like I would have obeyed if they did check me. Anyway, no point in pondering on that any longer. I had a place to get to, and it was on the other side of the capital. Stepping off the train, onto the platform, I glanced both ways to check where I wanted to go. I had a small map in hand, given to me by some lady, that I couldn't really rely on. It was small and pointless, so I threw it on the ground, then took a left.

My backpack was strapped tightly, I carried my revolver, two pistols, hidden blade, and a Bowie knife. I didn't think the other weapons were necessary on this trip, so I simply left them behind. My gas-mask continued to stay on my face, I wore my regular armor & clothes, and the belt with the attached pouches. This was all I needed to trek over the gloomy capital of Helis. It shouldn't be that long though. All I had to do was see how the Mini-Leader was doing in this country. I'm sure it wouldn't be much, considering that nothing seems to happen these days...But one day, I promise that the UNA will fall. Don't know when or how, but in due time. I was slowly making up the plans in my head as I traveled all over the Aurlia. It was usually the only way I could come up with anything. All the new things I saw or experienced, all the parts that the UNA were connected to. When everything was planned out, then I'd have all of Eviternity meet up. But that was far in the future...

Now I was on my way through the blistering heat. One would think that the sun was out but no...It was oh so very cloudy. Sand blew across the horizon littered with rocks, stone, boulders, dead shrubs, and so on. People would think that the capital of Helis would have been bustling and large, but quite the opposite. The place looked almost dead, and for surely small. There were skyscrapers, but they looked so lonely against the ongoing, grey sky. Buildings that looked like apartments or office buildings all had the same style going for them, all mono in color. But it matched the already bland scenery.
And to think this was what I had to pass through...I doubt there would even be a cafe open on a day like this, or any store for that matter. Oh, how miserable this was going to be. I was already heating up in my gear, and I had a ways to go. Welp, I should probably just get going then.

Last edited by Desmeon on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Des
Desmeon
Founder

Leader
FounderLeader

Role : Rebellion Leader
Auli ( ₳ ) : 1479

View user profile http://warriorcatcreater.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Re: Ground (Private: Artemis)

Post by Artemis on Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:24 pm

My final days in Gravengue were coming. My mission was completed, leaving me with 3 days left of mission leave. My briefcase laid by my side, containing the few weapons I brought to bring down my target; the grappling hook, my two silent pistols, and my throwing knives. The shade of the umbrella cooled me very little as I leaned back on a chair, but then again I was wearing my jumpsuit. A waitress stopped in front of my table and set down a glass of red wine. I opened one eye and looked at her. She held a disgusted look and glared at me before turning of with a huff an walking away. This restaurant was said to have the best service according to the map I received when I got off the train a day ago. Leaning my chair back onto all  legs, I glanced around at the empty lot before picking up my glass and taking a sip of the wine. The flavor, was more sour and bitter than the one we received at the faction. I took the glass away from my lips and set it back on the table with a cringe It held a disgusting after taste that lingered in the back of my throat. Something like the taste of beer. It was something I wouldn't drink again... I wouldn't even pay for it. The lady came by once more and slammed the receipt on the table. There is no way I was going to pay for the shitty service and drink, so I picked up my briefcase and casually left the premise.

The city seemed to be deserted with all the tumbleweeds and sand flying around, the lonely buildings, and quiet streets. The immense heat contained beneath the grey clouds seemed to be melting my skin within the black suit. I didn't think it would be this hot... even if it's the driest continent. I could hardly walk in this heat. A slight vibration was felt beneath my feet. Stopping, I looked around. The windows of buildings began shaking. The shakes grew more rapid by the second. I looked around frantically and picked up my suitcase before diving for cover underneath a table.
Artemis
General
General

Role : The Master Scarlet Rogue
Auli ( ₳ ) : 821

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmeon on Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:18 pm

While I dragged my feet across the sandy ground, the dirt began to shake beneath me. I abruptly stopped in my tracks, glancing around me to see that everything else had too, shook. I fell to my knees, palms on the ground, the world trembling for as far as I could see.
I was on the main road when the quake began, buildings on either side of me. Cracks formed into the road and on the side of the buildings, but nothing near me crumbled down. I was safe, except for the the little splits in the ground under me. It was widening too quickly, and I couldn't wait any longer or else I'd probably fall through. Cautiously but swiftly, I rolled to the side, remaining to lay on the road. I evaded the crevice that formed just where I once was.
The dirt continued to shake, feeling like minutes passing yet it was only twenty-three seconds, until it completely died down. It was quite the vicious aurquake if it had made a small fracture in the ground, or the perhaps the faulty made roads were to blame.
Jumping back to my feet, I dusted my hands on the side of my pants, then readjusted my belongings. I looked around me and noticed the fracture lead to smaller cracks reaching further down the main road. I had also noticed other humans for the first time, they seemed to be concerned with the quake but none of them took note of me. I sighed, leaving the scene but continuing in the direction of my destination.
I stuck close to the buildings, but my pace slowed incredibly. It wasnt because of the heat nor the aurquake, but...something else, and it didn't feel quite right. There was something in this capital that made me wonder; why did everyone look dead? Why hadn't they looked at me?

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Des
Desmeon
Founder

Leader
FounderLeader

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:12 pm

The rumbling stopped. I creeped out from beneath the table on my hands and knees. The buildings creaked and rocked slowly back and forth. I pulled myself into a crouching position and remained underneath the table until the aftershock ended. Seconds passed by and the buildings halted their rocking with a slight creak. No buildings tipped or collapsed. Small pieces of debris littered the streets. Crawling out, I stepped forward but quickly jumped back. A large split ran through the main street, big enough to engulf a human being. Lucky me. The edges continued to crumble and fall. 

I picked up my briefcase and got to my feet, dusting off my knees and running my hands on my thighs to help sustain the pain. The quake was a first for me. Sweat formed on my forehead from the sudden panic. I scanned the crack, people from the buildings began gathering around and inspecting it as well. They didn't seem to question it. After a first inspection they would shrug and just walk away without a worry. I inspected the crack and began following it down the main street, wonder where it is going to lead me. Why did the people show not reaction to this event though? It's obviously not normal. There is something suspicious about this town, but I can't lay my finger on it exactly.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Artemis
General
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmeon on Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:35 pm

Halting completely, I glanced back to where I had come from. I was still beside a building wall when I noticed that someone was heading in the same direction as I. Well, it looked like she was following the crevices in the ground that coincidentally lead to where I was travelling. Anyway, this person didn't look like the rest of them. She seemed to hold more life to her than the other humans in this city. Though taking a closer look, she appeared to be equipped, perhaps dangerously so. She wore a jumpsuit and held a briefcase by her side. Who knows what she contained within it.
I pondered whether or not I should converse with the lady, but I decided not to risk it. As far as I was concerned, she didn't have any business with me. So, trying to shrug off the mysteries of the city, I continued on my way down the road. The fracture in the ground was definitely longer than I expected. It lead nearly out of town. Though sometime after mindlessly trekking along, my mind wandered and I didn't realize how far I've gotten. I was at the edge of the capital, where the roads branched out, signs pointing to many other towns nearby. I heaved a sigh, and took the road on the far left, heading further south.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Des
Desmeon
Founder

Leader
FounderLeader

Back to top Go down

Bringing This Awesome PRP Back

Post by Artemis on Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:12 pm

I followed along the crumbling edge of the newly made fracture. This geological event really intrigued me. I have never seen one with my own eyes before. Most I have ever seen were upon television new reports and the Jumbo-trons lining the building in cities. I knew this continent was Auquake prone, but i never suspected to experience one.

My gaze drifted away from the large crack and to the towns surrounding. Everyone was emotionally dead, which is something assassins are used too, but this was odd. Ahead of me was a character that seemed full of life. Or at least from the distance. They were more head forward and not groaning with every step. They were something different. They had armor lightly clad over their clothing and a backpack hung loosely from their back. That's all I could see from my angle at least. Maybe it was an officer making some sort of perimeter check, or population count. Who ever they were I did not want to get involved with their business.

A slight tinge of nervousness trembled through my body and they turned South. The ferry down south was my only early and closest return to the faction headquarters. If I followed I might be exposed. I might have been hired to kill, but Avenoir members don't go well with national officers. I stopped at the signs and pondered at them for a moment. Something began tickling my feet. Looking down at my feet, I could see the tiny pebbles and crumbs of dirt tremble. Wind kicked up and I turned around, another Auquake was happening and the crevice was expanding towards me- widening at an unbelievable rate. In a heart beat I sprinted to the South, the collapsing ground dividing into multiple expanding fissures, making it hard to keep balance and maintain a steady pace.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Artemis
General
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmeon on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:54 pm

Blinking out of boredom, I followed the southern road in the scorching heat. Another road would be coming up soon, and it would be taking me to the Evi Hideout. I awaited for its appearance as that would mean my journey out in the sun would end soon. I was so looking forward to it as well...Going to their perfectly safe underground HQ with cool air and cold water and delicious food. All I wanted to do was relax for today. I had been too stern as of late and it would be nice to take a small vacation, even if it were for just today.

I was shaken out of my joyous thoughts thanks to another Aurquake. This time was almost worse than the previous one. It was as if I was near the center of the quake. I lost my balance for a good solid few seconds, close to falling to the ground, but I regained my composure and stood firmly on the road. My eyes were focused ahead of me, watching as a new fissure broke aurlia's surface. It had cut straight through the path to the Evi Hideout.

With the quake coming to a slow stop, I cautiously approached the crevice. The way it had broke apart the ground was truly a sight to see, but to think that if I was a little faster with my pace, I could have been caught up in that. I positioned myself a few feet away from the cut in the ground, gazing in awe at its glory. Although, it was kind of a bummer since now I had to make my way around the damn thing.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Des
Desmeon
Founder

Leader
FounderLeader

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis on Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:40 pm

I leaped to the right with as much force as my legs to provide. The crust collapsed beneath where I stood and the quake slowly came to a stop. I let out a relieved sigh and plopped on my back, holding my case to my side. The scorching sun blazed down upon my near death experience. I knew- I wanted to get off of this horrid continent and never come back. I'd even catch a ride on a corpse boat to get out of here.

I sat up and looked at the newly made abyss, the edges crumbling slowly from their loosen positions and gravity. I scooted myself further away from the crumbling edges. Sand was sliding down slopes and disappearing into the darkness. I grasped my black case and came to me feet. Brushing my hands along my jumpsuit, removing the sand, I went to look ahead at my new options. Either returning to the town and taking the train, or finding another boat to stowaway on. Something strange came in sight from the corner of my eye. Standing across from the large desert break was a girl, the one who I assume to be an officer. She looked nothing like a national officer-dressed in a uniform that made her seem more rebellious than official, the aura of one no man should mess with. I turned my gaze away, seeing as I had no business here or with her. I began to walk back the way I came. I raised a hand to my ear and clicked a button in my head piece, making it seem like I was scratching my ear. There was no signal. I lowered my hand, knowing that service would increase as I moved back towards the city. Maybe I could get a helicopter out here.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Artemis
General
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down