Reverie of Aurlia
Hello, and welcome to Aurlia!

This forum has a small yet friendly community which always enjoys new users!
Please consider becoming a member of the forum so that you may have splendiferous time here. ^-^

If you do so happen to join, contact Desmeon if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the site.

Hope to see you around! <3

-Cordially,
The Staff Team

A Day in the Cafe [OPEN]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Day in the Cafe [OPEN]

Post by Kayia on Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:29 am

It was yet another normal day for Kayia. She woke up to the sound of her alarms and to the smell of Shiba's breath. Sometimes she wished dogs could use a toothbrush. Shiba ran off before Kay needed to push her off but that didn't stop her from throwing the covers off and jumping out of bed. She wasn't much of a morning person, but over the years she found it was better to just get it over with instead of lingering in bed. Quickly she got ready to go to her job by brushing her teeth, putting on a bit of deodorant, and other daily routines. Because the cafe let their employees chose what to wear as long as it was within regulation she was wearing a simple black shirt with jeans. Soon enough she headed to the door to leave.

Well, that explained why Shiba jumped off of the bed. The husky thought that she was going to come with her today. Kayia smiled and patted her head while shaking her own. The manager didn't mind her dog as long as she stayed outside and wasn't bothering the customers. It wouldn't hurt to bring her along today. "Come on Shiba, let's go," Kay said with a laugh, hooking the leash onto her collar. They quickly descended the apartment stairs before heading outside. It was just as busy as it normally was everyday but with Shiba pulling her along the people on the sidewalk usually avoided them as they didn't want to get trampled by the energetic dog.

Once the two got their Kayia quickly tied Shiba up before patting her on the head. "I promise to get you some water soon, okay pup?" She asked as the dog just gave her a lick on her arm. Shiba knew the routine well enough. Kay whisked past the few early customers and into the back where she threw on her apron and washed her hands before snagging a small muffin for her breakfast. She'd pay for it by the end of her shift. After quickly finishing it she gave one last look at the registers before rushing some water out to her beloved pup. Finishing with another wash she finally took up her register, waiting for some customers to walk through the door before work.
Kayia
Cafe Waitress

Auli ( ₳ ) : 803

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Day in the Cafe [OPEN]

Post by Jauda on Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:52 am

Hex had been wondering around a town prior to meeting a contact. He saw a quaint little cafe and decided to stop in for quick coffee. He saw an incredibly cute puppy sitting out on the sidewalk prior to entering. He pulled out a small piece of venison jerky he had prepared that morning, and when no one was looking, or so he thought, he fed it to the dog, patted the dog on it's head. He lugged his tall, muscular body through the doorway of the coffee shop, it had been a long night and he didn't get any sleep. As he entered his senses where ensnared by the smell of fresh brewed coffee, pastries having just been backed; he saw a congregation of people all captivated by their own personal devices, save for few, he saw a family trying to eat together with young rowdy kids; he felt the cool air of the cafe breeze over him, though with warmth coming off of the bodies and the stoves; he heard giggling and talking, as normal folk would do, but he also heard whispers of secrecy and judgment from passersby. He walked up to the counter, that this smaller, mousy almost girl was attending. "Hello ma'am, how are you today?" Hex asked in his thick southern accent
Jauda

Role : N/A
Auli ( ₳ ) : 599

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayia on Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:16 pm

Shiba normally ignored the customers coming into the little cafe, laying on the warm pavement and drinking her water. Sometimes she's wag her tail slightly and get the occasional pat but most people were too busy to actually notice her. Shiba didn't mind as she knew that her owner would pet her later. Today was a bit special though, the man that walked in the cafe pat her then offered a piece of jerky, which she took eagerly.

Kayia was just finishing with helping another customer as she caught a glimpse of a man slipping her a piece of meat. It wasn't like she never shared her table scraps with the dog. When he came in she put a smile on. "I'm doing pretty good sir. Do you know what you'd like to order?" Kay asked, ready to put his order in. She had never seen him around before, but there were always a few wandering customers that haven't came in before.
Kayia
Cafe Waitress

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jauda on Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:26 pm

Hex saw the lady at the register look over towards the dog laying on the pavement. "Yes ma'am, I would like a cup of coffee, black please. And I'm sorry, was that your dog laying out there. I should've asked before giving her a bit of meat. Though she seems like an incredibly sweet husky." Hex said wearing his slight smirk, though never actually smiling. "Also, you seem like you know a lot about this place, is there anywhere I should check out?" He said trying to maintain a conversation, she seem'd like a sweet girl, even though this was their first meeting. Hex was trying to make himself seem as friendly as possible, though it was difficult for him.
Jauda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayia on Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:16 pm

Kayia entered the coffee in the register,  looking back up at him with a light laugh. "No no, it's fine. I feed her table scraps all the time. Shiba is a super sweet husky." She glanced back at the register before looking back at the man. "Is that everything for you today?" Kay asked, wondering if he'd want any of their fine treats. He probably didn't want anything else but it was still mandatory to ask before giving the final price. Shiba was just receiving another pet as another customer was coming in, tail wagging happily.
Kayia
Cafe Waitress

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jauda on Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:30 pm

"I'm glad that it was fine. Is there anything you would recommend?" Hex asked with a smirk. He had just noticed her crystal blue eyes. They seemed incredibly shy, like she was trying to hide her fears, but they also showed a hidden courage. "My apologizes, I never gave you my name. People call me Hex." he said trying to be friendly. He was distracted by his mission that he was on, and it was shown on his face that he was going to do something he shouldn't, but he remained calm. The air about him was cold, but he maintained a friendly attitude. There was something off about him, and it showed.
Jauda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayia on Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:58 am

Glancing at the display of their food she smiled and said, "Personally, I'd recommend the blueberry muffin," the short memories of her eating that a couple minutes ago popped into her mind, "Of course, if you didn't want something sweet you could always get the egg and bacon breakfast sandwich." Kayia pointed at them from her side of the glass. She looked back up at him with a smile, Listening as he said his name. Hex, what an interesting name. "My name's Kayia." At least she didn't have to ask what his name was to put on his ticket now. There was something a bit off with him, maybe it was just the way he smiled. Many people that came in had some sort of demeanor, whether it was angry or just strange. It was something the employees and herself tended to ignore.
Kayia
Cafe Waitress

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jauda on Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:23 pm

(OOC: Sorry for taking a while, I had school and such) "I think a blueberry muffin sounds grand," Hex had said "and it's a pleasure meeting you Kayia." Hex had noticed her eyeing him in what, he thought, was a strange manner. He took in everything around him, the cafe was still abuzz with people making comments in a hushed whisper. "They must not get too many new people here." Hex thought to himself, but that couldn't be right. This was a cafe located in the midst of a decent town. Was something awry that he didn't know about... Something seemed off. Hex had zoned out for a bit contemplating his thoughts, waiting to be pulled back to reality. This had been happening a lot recently. It was almost as if someone was watching him, but he never sensed, or noticed, someone following him. "What is going on here?" his brain insisted he thought of this question, only making things worse. He was paranoid and alone... but never would he show it. He stood there, completely zoned out.
Jauda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayia on Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:07 pm

With a satisfied smile Kayia put the blueberry muffin in the order. She spoke to one of the other staff to start on his order considering that seemed like everything and she didn't want him to wait longer than he had to. And if he canceled his order or for some reason didn't have any auli then they'd just have some coffee and a muffin. "Okay that brings your order to ₳4.55." She said looking up. When she looked at him he seemed to be... zoned out. Maybe he wasn't and it was just her. "Umm sir, are you okay?" Even if it was just her eyes and brain making weird assumptions, she still had to check on their customers. The smell of the coffee brewing and muffin heating up was already mingling with the other scents of the little cafe.
Kayia
Cafe Waitress

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jauda on Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:20 pm

Hex heard "Umm sir, are you okay?" and it had pulled him back to reality. He awoke from what seemed like a day dream. He lost track of time "I'm sorry, I just sorta... either way, sorry." Hex said hurriedly, and sharply. He didn't want to off put someone that he had just met. He was still slightly in a daze. He couldn't shake the paranoia he had been feeling. "What is wrong?" he kept repeating over and over in his mind. He felt like he had been standing there for years. he felt like he fell into a chasm of... well, he didn't quite know what. He had felt similar ways after, and before, his contracts, but never to this extent. "I believe you said the total was ₳7, correct?" Hex had finally said, paying his dues
Jauda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayia on Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:17 pm

The man had sharply replied to her, which was fine, but a little concerning. They had to deal with customers of all behaviors, even some arrogant and rude ones. But his sharpness made her think to when she'd do stuff like that to her parents and friends- when she was trying to hide things. If he was trying to hide something or not it wasn't her business to get into customer things. "Oh, it was ₳4.55, sir," Kay said, letting him redistribute his alui. She was right about him being spaced out, so maybe that was why he was so defensive. If anyone caught her spacing out at work she would've done the same thing. Glancing to her right she noticed that another member, who she recognized was called Stacy, took up the second register they had to handle the small line of customers that were coming in for the final morning rush.
Kayia
Cafe Waitress

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jauda on Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:41 pm

"Please keep the rest. You have treated me with a nice conversation." Hex had said giving her the rest. "Oh, I'm sorry 'bout holding up the line," Hex said with his thick accent that only grew thicker And may I ask a quick question?" Hex had asked, the only emotion showing on his face was that of concern, though he tried to hid it. There was something wrong, or was it just in his head. He began to act a bit more antsy then normal, but retained his cool composure. He kept eyeing this one individual. This man reminded him of his contact that he was to meet, but this wasn't their scheduled time nor place, so he put it out of his mind.
Jauda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayia on Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:50 am

Kayia was surprised by his gesture to give her the rest of the auli. Most people were money hogs, only giving them a small tip under ₳1. "Thanks for the tip, and no worries about holding up the line, I've served worse people for longer. Plus, it's becoming rush time anyways." She tilted her head when he asked her if he could ask a question. The only question she had to that was what was stopping him from just asking it. "Of course, what do you need to ask?" Kay inquired, wondering if she'd be able to help him. Hopefuly it was just a question about the cafe or the food or something. Glancing slightly to her left she noticed that his order was almost done.
Kayia
Cafe Waitress

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top